Today, my baby is 18 months old. 1.5 years old. Half way to three. How did this happen? Where has the time gone?
I still feel like it was just yesterday that I brought her home from the hospital and was trying to console her newborn tears through my own "baby blues" tears.
I am certain that the first time I held her, I didn't think it was possible to love her any more than I did at that moment. But now, half way through her second year, I can say for certain that I love her today more than I did that day. How is that possible?
Well, seeing as her life is just flying by, I want to be able to look back and remember who she was at this age, so here's a look into Bailey's life at 18 months.
- Bailey is just nursing once a day now, at bedtime. Dropping the other feedings has been a breeze for her; much easier than I anticipated. Mommy hates to think about completely weaning and has no plans to do it right now, unless it proves necessary in order to make Bailey a big sister! :)
- She says more words than I can even begin to count, as well as many sentences. I really feel like I am talking to a little girl, not a baby.
- She is still a Mama's girl. Wakes up every morning calling "Mama! Mommy! Mama!".
- She sleeps through the night, from between 8 to 8:30 until anywhere from 6:00 to 8:00 a.m., just depending on the day. The 6:00 a.m. days always start with bringing Bailey into bed to watch tv while Mommy sleeps another hour at least! :)
- She is taking one nap a day. The time she goes down for nap varies but most days it's by 11:00. She always sleeps for at least 1 1/2 hours, but some days it can be almost 3 hours!
- She's big into playing with babies. This may or may not be a mommy induced play habit. She loves to dress/undress her babies and push them around in her little stroller.
- She loves to go outside and to go "bye-bye".
- She loves to "bupple" (buckle) anything that she can, and is proficient in buckling herself!
- She has 8 teeth, plus she is working on a molar.
- Wearing size 4 diapers, and has peed in the potty two times.
- Wearing 18-24 month clothes, and some 2T.
Oh, Bailey. You have no idea how much we love you and how overjoyed we are that God chose US to be your mommy and daddy. You are a precious gift and one that we are so unworthy of. You are beautiful, inside and out and I can't wait to see all the wonderful things that God has in store for your life.
But, can you please do us a favor? Do you think that the next year and a half could go a little slower than the past year and a half? :)

2 comments:
It's so bittersweet watching them grow up. On one hand, you're sad that they're growing SO FAST, but on the other, they just get more and more fun. Bailey IS a precious, sweet little girl.
I wonder the same exact things about Caleb. The time really has flown by and I am at the same stage you are where he is not a baby anymore and it makes me sad. Great post!
Post a Comment