Wednesday, December 10, 2008

38 Week Checkup

Still trying to upload that picture.... maybe I need to try from a different computer. Not sure what's going on with that, but until I am able to get it up here, just imagine a whale in your head. :)

Checkup was fine today. I saw Dr. Thompson who delivered Zoe and is apparently, from what I understand, the king of the circumcisions. :) (And I am waiting to hear Phil's impression of him, Courtney!). Anyways, he's the very nerdy type, but excellent at what he does, so I enjoy seeing him. I gained more weight in the last week than what I care to share with the world. Dr. Thompson says that often a jump like that is due to fluid retention, so that's what we'll go with. It would suffice to say that I have not done as well in the latter part of pregnancy with the weight thing as I did in the beginning.

My blood pressure was also higher than it has been, but he didn't mention it, so apparently nothing to worry about yet. I measured 38 cm and the heartbeat was in the "middle" range as he put it. He didn't have his normal heartbeat thingy and did not have a watch so he didn't give us a rate, but I'm satisfied with "middle" range. :)

And then, of course, the part you've been waiting for. I am still not dilated any, but around 75% effaced, so I made some progress from last week, so that is good. Dr. Thompson actually mentioned something about me hopefully having her by Christmas, so that made me feel a little better since I am worrying about being out of the hospital by January 1st for insurance purposes! Please continue to pray for that. I really am hoping that I can have her and be home by Christmas.

My next appointment is on Monday, so we shall see what that holds. Hopefully more progress and one step closer to having Bailey here with us! :)

2 comments:

Matt and Amanda Bruns said...

That's when everybody gains more - the later part. So you're normal. :) You need to get that picture posted so I can see you! Even if you have her after christmas but before the new year that would be good too because then you and Anthony would get to spend your last christmas together before she gets here. Whenever she comes is going to be perfect timing. God knows what He's doing and what your needs are. :)

Anonymous said...

Honey, just you wait until they weigh you when you check into the hospital- I was SHOCKED! BUT wait till you see how much you lose while you're in the hospital. Loved that part. From the time I checked in (in labor) to when I left there, I was 25 lbs lighter! Woohoo!