Thursday, October 1, 2009

October!

So it has been a week since I blogged! I think I'm having withdrawals. :) Not quite, but it just feels like the weeks are going by so fast. I can't believe it is October 1st already, and my baby turned 9 months old on Sunday. It's sad that she is growing up so fast, but I'm also glad that my days at home don't drag on and on.

Where to start?? I got a couple of good deals in my shopping this week, mainly Bird's Eye vegetables (regular and SteamFresh) that Martin's had on sale. They were 69 cents a bag, which they advertised as the lowest price of the year, and I had a couple of coupons as well, so I'm guessing I probably got them for closer to 50 cents a bag or so. And I kept my total under $40 this week, which I don't hold myself to, but it's what I have in my mind that I would like to be able to do every week.

I was going to go to Target today to pick up some coke that is on sale, but while Bailey was napping this morning, I happened upon the Food Lion specials this week (their circular has not be in the paper the past few weeks, not sure why?) and they have soda for a better price, along with a few other great deals that I cannot pass up. They also have a few things on a 3 day sale which starts tomorrow, so I decided to skip Target and go to Food Lion tomorrow. I'm excited about some of the deals I should be able to get.

I didn't get around to posting our menu for the week but I have to brag on the new recipe I tried on Tuesday. It was Poppyseed Chicken from Kelly at Kelly's Korner and it was yum-o! I definitely recommend serving it with rice, like she suggests. And it was so good, that my husband, who rarely likes leftovers, suggested that I just whip up some more rice and we could have the leftovers for dinner on Wednesday evening! And it was just as good the second time around. :) Tonight we are having baked spaghetti, which is all ready to go, just needs to be put in the oven, and tomorrow night we're having french toast and bacon.

This weekend Anthony's parents are coming to visit, so we are looking forward to that. We are planning to go apple picking at Chiles Peach Orchard and I've never been there before so I'm excited to check it out. I love doing things like that with Bailey in tow. It's so fun to introduce her to new things and watch her learn and grow. :)

Well, I think that's about all for now. I believe my little one is awake from her nap now. Speaking of which, I just have to throw this in, I think we are finally on a good, consistent schedule for naps now! She has been taking a morning nap usually at 9 or a little after and an afternoon nap at 2 or so, and her naps have mostly started being between an hour to an hour and 45 minutes (whereas sometimes she would just sleep for 30 or 45 minutes), so I am one thankful mama!

No comments: