Thursday, October 15, 2009

Painting Ideas

Okay, so you people (except for Sheree, thanks for the advice!) either love my house the way it is, or are just as clueless and inept about decorating as I am! :)

So here is what I've come up with....

I have several lighter green/olive color swatches that I am leaning towards for in the living room. And I think I want to paint the wall with the windows and loveseat and probably the wall with the Starry Night painting and the chaise lounge. Possibly the wall with the couch, but I want to start with the other two first. I don't want to do the wall with the wedding pictures and TV because that wall extends into the kitchen as well, and I don't want it green in there.




Then, I am thinking of putting chair rail in the dining area and painting blue on the bottom (to match my blue French Toille curtain in the kitchen). Then I'll either just leave the top the same that it is, or I'm going to have to find a neutral color that goes well with the blue in the dining room and the green in the living room, since the top color in the dining room and the TV wall/kitchen wall will be the same.




Does all that make sense?? I think I might try to edit these pictures in paint shop just show I can show what I mean. It makes me really nervous to do all this, but I really need to spice things up so I think I just need to go for it. Even if it looks bad, it's just paint, it can be fixed. So tell me what you think! Any ideas or suggestions are welcome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it sounds lovely, you go girl!!!! :<} I'm not good at decorating, I rely on my mom for that.