Last night, for our Superbowl party, I made Pioneer Woman's Potato Skins.... I must say, they were AMAZING! Of course, I knew they would be good since they were PW, but they exceeded my expectations. My wonderful friend Katie, requested the recipe, and since PW doesn't have this one on her blog, I thought I would share it on my blog. :) So here it is, with my comments added.
Ingredients
8 slices thick-cut bacon (I used a bag of Oscar Mayer real bacon bits, and it worked just fine!)
8 russet, potatoes, scrubbed clean
Canola oil
Kosher salt (I don't have this, so I just used regular salt)
1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (I probably used a little more than this)
1 cup sour cream
4 green onions, sliced (I didn't use this, since I didn't know if everyone likes them or not)
Directions
1 - Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2 - Fry the bacon.
3 - Wash the potatoes and rub the skin liberally with canola oil. Place on a baking pan and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the potatoes are fork-tender.
4 - Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise.
5 - With a cookie scoop or spoon, scrape out the inner flesh of the potatoes, leaving a small margin of potato in the skins.
6 - Brush both sides of the potato skins with canola oil. Salt both sides liberally.
7 - Place the skins cut side down on the pan and return to the oven.
8 - Bake for 7 minutes, then flip the skins to the other side.
9 - Bake for 7 minutes more, or until the skins are crisy (mine were in the oven for probably 10 to 12 minutes).
10 - Grate the cheddar cheese.
11 - Chop the bacon into bits.
12 - Sprinkle cheese into each potato skin.
13 - Then sprinkle with bacon and return to the oven just until the cheese melts.
14 - Just before serving, spoon 1 tablespoon of sour cream on each skin and sprinkle with sliced green onions (I just set the sour cream next to the potato skins so everyone could put in on themselves, in case anyone didn't like sour cream).
Pretty easy and SOOO delicious. I'll definitely be making these again. Thank you, once again, Pioneer Woman for making my food life complete. :)
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
They were DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment